I stepped WAY out of my comfort zone today. At least, my comfort zone of 2010... even further out of my comfort zone of 2009 and 2008. It's amazing how having students who look up to you forces you to do what you would never do if you had a choice. That's not the only thing that's changed me in the last couple years, but it's what comes to mind. I don't think most of my readers/followers know the intensity of my shyness when I was younger. I hated and I mean, hated , talking with new people. I didn't like talking on the phone. I didn't even want to talk with old friends that I hadn't seen in a little over a year. I didn't want the attention people gave when I was saying something. I was so cross and stern-looking when I spoke, my parents thought I had happiness/joy issues. I'm not sure if I liked that feature about me, but I blamed it on my personality. I don't know if it was fear, pride, or a mixture of the two. I just didn...
Comments
Post a Comment